The purpose of the Employees of the Month Program is to recognize employees who have served the Hornell Area Family YMCA in an exceptional manner by exemplifying outstanding service through his or her work and exhibiting a positive and supportive attitude.
Employee of the Month Criteria
An employee of the month should exhibit the following:
Attitude & Commitment
- Dedicated to fulfilling job responsibilities.
- Demonstrates good customer service skills.
- Consistently dependable and punctual in reporting to work.
- Active involvement in committees, fund-raisers, fairs, training, and other activities.
- Serves as a role model to others.
- Goes above and beyond the requirements of the job.
- Displays a helpful, cooperative, and positive attitude toward superiors and co-workers.
- Consistently friendly and available to others.
- Uses effective listening skills.
- Has a team player attitude.
- Voluntarily assists co-workers in order to complete important department projects.
- Knowledgeable of YMCA policy and procedure.
- High overall quality of performance.
- Accurately completes work assignments on time.
- Controls high-stress situations tactfully and calmly.
- Takes initiative.
- Requires little supervision.
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to train others and gladly willing to do so.
- Maintains an appropriate and neat personal appearance and dress.
- Professional demeanor.
- Conscientious, honest, and hard-working.
- Integrity, on and off the job.