The mission of the Hornell Area Family YMCA is to offer a fun, welcoming environment for youth swimmers to learn teamwork, comradery, leadership, and principles of healthy competition while focusing on the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- For children age 7 to Seniors in High School.
- The season runs from October through February.
- Practices are Monday through Thursday from 7 - 8:00pm at the Hornell Y.
- Swimmers must remain current members at the Hornell YMCA (either youth members or part of a family membership).
- At a minimum, the swimmer must be able to swim 4 lengths nonstop of freestyle (front crawl) and backstroke.
- Swimmers are not required to attend a mandatory number of practices. The commitment to attend practices is up to the swimmer and their parents.
- Meets are optional and are not required.
- Swimmers need to provide their own practice suits, goggles, and towels. Parents will have the option to purchase team suits once finalized and possibly warmups if wanted (not required).
- Desire to be part of a team and have fun!
- $50 deposit per swimmer.
- Transportation to and from meets is the responsibility of the parent.
- YMCA membership fees are not included in the prices below.
- Scholarships are available for the season fees.